A few people think every Indian food item is good & healthy. While on the other hand, there are people who believe that every Indian food item is bad for your health.
We would like to mention that both of them are wrong.
And to make this thing clear, we have created a list of food items, and in this blog, we will discuss everything about the best and worst Indian dishes for your health.
If you are concerned about their health, this blog is a must-read for you.
Best & Worst Indian Dishes For Your Health
There are several Indian dishes that are good and bad for your overall health. Let us have a look at some of them:
- If you want to increase the fiber, protein, and vitamin intake in your body, then eating different types of Indian dals is the perfect food item for you. Secondly, you should eat more dals cooked using tomato puree and not creamy dals. In this way, you would be able to decrease your fat intake.
- The first thing from your list that you should stop eating is Naans. However, most of us prefer eating naan with dishes and dals because of their fantastic taste and texture. But this is one of the unhealthiest things you can even eat because of sugar, oil, and wheat.
- The second best Indian food item you should eat is tandoori chicken or tandoori paneer. The biggest reason to eat these food items is that all the flavors in this dish are derived from the tandoor and its cooking method and not from the oils and unnecessary additions.
- The second food item which you should stop eating is pakoras. The reason is that vegetables are deep fried, and you would have to intake that extra oil left in the pakoras, leading to plenty of health issues.
- The next best Indian dish that you should add to your diet is chana masala. This dish is made up of chickpeas and tomato puree, and both things are filled with vitamin b, fiber, and other such health-building items.
- Another Indian food item you should delete from your diet is chicken tikka masala. Although the original recipe of chicken tikka is a healthy meal option with a lot of protein, vitamins, and other such factors, in chicken tikka masala, you will notice a lot of heavy creams that lead to excess fats. Hence it’s considered as an unhealthy Indian dish.
- If you are a protein lover, we suggest you add kebabs to your diet, as the kebab is cooked using roasting along with direct spices, and tomato chutney is used over it, which makes it even better.
Indian food can help you get a healthy body and lifestyle only when you decide wisely. We hope you learned about the Indian food items you should add or remove from your diet.